Happy New Year CMomA Community!
CMomA (Childless Mothers Adopt) is a 501-c3 Non-Profit organization that supports childless single women, couples and partners who seek to adopt and/or help children in need.
It is with much delight, pride and appreciation that I share with all CMomA supporters how far we have come in our 1st year…our goals for 2013…and how you can continue to participate in helping us grow…
TOP 10 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1): A BOARD OF DIRECTORS WAS CREATED:
2): WE BECAME AN OFFICIAL 501-C3 ORGANIZATION!!!
3): OUR ADVISORY COUNCIL WAS FORMED INCLUDING:
4): WE LAUNCHED OUR WEBSITE: www.CMomA.org
5): DONOR CONTRIBUTIONS provided for start-up costs and nest egg for our future! Special acknowledgements to our $5000+ Founding Donors: Dr. Jana Kohl, Jane & Michael Hoffman, Dr. Robin & Ed Berman, Matthew Steinmetz, Andru & Bonnie Coren, Henry Robin & Bob McGarity, Angela & Dr. Micheal Horwitz, Kristine Carlson, Mary Manin Morrissey, Julie Frost, Kim & Eric Tannenbaum, Andrea Quinn & Chris Wilson, and Barbara & Jon Lee.
6): OUR RESEARCH TEAM WAS CREATED and has acquired extensive data on where the children have the least amount of resources, the costs of adoption and adoption policies that various countries enforce.
7): WE EXPANDED OUR MISSION STATEMENT…offering support to those in the childless population who want to “adopt” our mission of helping children in need. There are many ways of connecting with children. Adoption is just one way.
8): CHILDLESS MOTHERS BOOK ACQUIRED AN AGENT!
9): WE GAVE OUR FIRST 2 CMomA GRANTS: to a single woman adopting a toddler from the Congo and to a couple adopting a 13 year old girl, living in an orphanage in Columbia since she was age 4. Let the CMomA giving begin!
10): DR. MICHAEL BECKWITH JOINS CMOMA ADVISORY COUNCIL day after our 1st b/day bash…what a gift!
OUR GOALS FOR 2013
* EXPAND OUR BOARD MEMBERSHIP:
(We are looking to invite a Fundraising specialist and an Attorney to join our board, specializing in domestic & international adoption…do let us know if you know anyone wonderful).
* EXPAND OUR VILLAGE OF VOLUNTEERS:
* BOOST OUR FUNDING to support the Hiring of a Staff to:
– Manage on and off line operations of the organization
– Facilitate more domestic and international grant donations
– Organize the 1st CMomA journey…to our first destination where we can make a contribution to a community in need and help facilitate bringing women and men who want children together with orphaned children praying for a safe and loving home.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!
My friend Marianne Williamson has said that … A vision grows once it is shared …
We need you! Here’s how you can participate in helping CMomA continue to grow!
– Donors who give $5000 or more are considered a CMomA Founding Donor, thru January 2013.
– Become a $5000 CMomA Grant Sponsor (You will have direct access to the CMomA chosen family that received the grant made possible by You!).
Any and all amounts are appreciated!
Please consider making your 2013 Donation TODAY To CMomA!
* JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER VILLAGE: 4 Teams will be more fully developed, including a Fundraising Team, A Non-Profit Management Team, a Marketing/Pr Team and the Research team. Email Marcy@CMomA.org: put in subject line which team you are interested in!
Save the Date: Our 3rd “CMomA Think Tank Tea Time” gathering will be on Sunday January 13th. Email me if you would like to join us!
* CHAIR A CMomA FUNDRAISER!
– Chair our May 13th “Mothering the Mother” Fundraising Luncheon in your city! This honors the mothers in your community who give so much on a daily basis to their children, while they support the vision and mission of CMomA. View Album: May 2012 Event Photos
– Chair CMomA’s 2nd B/day “FUNdraiser” next Fall!
Our bash this month in Hollywood, hosted & Chaired by Andrea Quinn and Chris Wilson was a Fabulous time & BIG success! Click here to view the pictures: 12/1/12 Event Album
Below you will see our Facebook, Twitter & Website Links. Please Click on them … “Like”, “Follow” and Sign up for Free membership on our website!
It really does take a village to love and provide for children in need. We are so grateful that so many of you have joined ours, and look forward to growing this vision & organization with you in the year ahead.
The Jewish Talmud states …
“To save one life is as if you have saved the world.”
Thank you to each and every one of you: CMomA Friends, Board Members, Advisory Council, Donors, and our Village of Volunteers…for empowering and enriching lives…one child and one family at a time.
Here’s to a year ahead of of vibrant health, loud cheer & goodness abound…
Marcy Cole, Ph.D,
CMomA Founder & Executive Director