More than 100,000 children in the United States are in foster care waiting for permanent families.
If you are interested and so inspired, here are many resources for you to learn from and connect with.
Los Angeles County Foster Family Agencies:
Over 50,000 children await the hope and dream of being adopted or cared for in a safe place and loving arms.
Children’s Bureau of South California
- Mission: “To significantly change the lives of at-risk children by providing state-of-the-art child abuse prevention and treatment services”
- Mission: “Builds adoptive and other families where children can heal from past abuse, neglect or abandonment and grow to healthy adulthood. We help 2,000 children each year, mostly those whom many others consider too difficult: severely traumatized children, older teenagers, children with disabilities, large sibling groups, and drug affected infants.”kinshipcenter.org
Optimist Youth Homes and Family Services
- Over 100 years of caring for children oyhfs.org
- An Array of Children’s Social Services in Southern California pennylane.org
Vista Del Mar
- Mission: provide comprehensive, family-centered social, educational and behavioral health services that encourage children, adolescents and their families to lead self reliant, stable and productive lives. vistadelmar.org
Westside Children’s Center
- Mission: supports underserved, vulnerable children and their families in West Los Angeles by providing a full range of crucial, multi-disciplinary services. westsidechildrens.org
If you are a childless single woman or couple our non-profit “Childless Mothers Adopt” 501-C3 (Aka: CMoMA) may be the perfect fit for you. We organize and fund yearly group trips to places on this planet where the children have the least amount of resources. If interested in learning more click on the “Journey” link on the Childless Mothers Adopt website or call 1-855-462-6662 (GoCMomA) to learn more.
National Adoption Agencies:
Adoption.Com Very comprehensive.
National Adoption Day
Celebrating a family for every child
Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
Finding forever families for children in foster care
National Adoption Foundation
Because every child deserves a loving family
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Because every child deserves a permanent, loving and culturally competent family
Resources for prospective adoptive parents: How to get started, links to agencies,
facilitators and attorneys, letters from birthparents, support groups and legal information.
Also includes a photolisting of waiting children.
Adoption Council of Canada
Primary resource for Canadian residents interested in adopting in Canada.
There is so much information on this top for women on the web. Here are a handful of links to get you started!
- Resolve: The National Fertility Association resolve.org
- Great Resource to find Dr. Near you and information fertilityties.com
- Dr. Oz’s page has a ton of related articles doctoroz.com
- Dr. Andrew Weil’s article on Infertility drweil.com
We’ve Compiled Some Books & Articles On Adoption For You
Just Cut … Paste … Click And See What You Learn~
Feel Free To Recommend A Book Or Forward A Great Article By Sharing It On Our Member Forum & Blog!
|The Complete Book of International Adoption: A Step by Step Guide to Finding Your Child
by Dawn Davenport (Kindle)
By Rosanna Hertz
By Mikki Morrissette
By Lee Varon
- Advantages of Adopting an Older Child
- On International Adoption (From Adoption.com)
- Orphan Statistics
There will be a very special Fundraiser for CMomA (Childless Mothers Adopt 501-C3) in May 2012 in Los Angeles..TBD.
Please be sure to register your information in the opt in box so that we can send you a personal invitation!