How to Apply for a CMomA Grant
- To apply, please review the eligibility requirements in the column at left, and then click link below to fill out and send in the Grant Application.
- Submissions and determinations are rolling throughout the year. Our goal and hope is to give up to five $5,000 gifts in 2014.
- Applications should be sent to:
Please write “CMomA Grant Application” in the Subject Line.
Become a CMomA Grant Sponsor!
Every child born deserves a family. These grants are meant to lend needed financial support to wonderful people, without children, who are willing and able to provide a safe and loving home to a child in need. Grant sponsors, at the $5,000 donation level, allow for personalized access to your grantee. Once we match your grant with a chosen CMomA recipient (individual or couple), you will receive their identity and contact information, should you choose to connect. Become a CMomA Grant Sponsor Today!
Send your $5,000 tax-deductible check to the address below and write Grant Sponsor in subject line of check.
Childless Mothers Adopt
578 Washington Blvd. (712)
Marina del Rey, California 90292
Our First Grantee is United with her ChildCheck out an article in our blog about our first CMomA Grant Recipient, who was united with her child from the Congo in August 2013:
Good News! Finally, in Mama’s arms: A CMomA Grant Recipient UNITED with her Child from the Congo
The CMomA Gifting Program Objective is to give up to ten $5,000 CMomA Grants per year to eligible new parents adopting older children in need (age 2-17) or special needs children of all ages, both domestically and internationally.
CMomA grant eligibility is based on nine factors for PAPs (Prospective Adoptive Parents):
- Compelling story, for a childless woman, man, or couple choosing to become parents to a child in need.
- Compelling reason regarding the need for grant:
- The “Why”: (i.e. temporary job loss, medical needs of the child, etc.)
- The “Where”: (i.e. where will your grant money go: agency fees, special needs support, travel support, sibling adoption, waiting child adoption, etc.)
(Please note: Grant moneys do not go directly to the recipient, but rather directly to where it is needed, such as agency, medical, travel, etc.)
- Completed and approved home study, verifying that individual or couple is financially solvent enough to support a child or children.
- Compelling story of the child or children that are being adopted.
- Willingness to share beneficial impact of CMomA Grant via written note, video, or appearance at live CMomA event.
- Willingness to receive and complete our CMomA Parenting Course, currently in development.
- Willingness, if grant is a direct result of a $5,000 CMomA Grant Donor, to give CMomA permission to disclose contact information to foster a potential connection between Grantor and Grant Recipient.
- Willingness to become a buddy to a waiting or newly united family.
- Verification that the child being adopted is a double orphan either through the death of both parents or parents having lost or forfeited their parental rights (proof of informed consent if applicable).