What is the difference between the Blog and Forum?
- The Forum is private to members (free to join) and the blog is viewable by the public.
- The Blog is published by CMC / CMomA administrators (and invited blog authors). Blog entries are typically a more formal, lengthy piece.
Do I need to post the same thing to the blog and then again to the forum?
No. Unless you are an invited blog author or CMC Administrator, you have three main ways of participating in the online discussion:
- writing comments in response to blog posts. Note: comments are moderated and may take a while to show up.
- creating a new forum discussion topic
- responding to existing forum discussions
Forum content is free-flow, mostly community authored, and shorter chunks of content.
The Blog is published by CMC / CMomA administrators (and invited blog authors). Blog entries are typically a more formal, lengthy piece.
Do I have to log in to see what is going on in the forums or blog?
No. You can choose to receive emails notifying you of Forum activity. To make sure you receive notifications whenever someone responds to your forum topic, go to to top black bar and select My Account > Settings > Notifications and make sure that at the bottom under “Group Forum”, the first two buttons are Yes.
You may also set email notification preferences for a specific group by clicking on “Forum” and then the name of the group, e.g., “Back to Business”. The tab called “Email Options” allows you to choose the frequency and type of email notifications you want to receive.
Also, when you join CMC, you have the option to subscribe to the CMC and/or CMomA blog. Subscribers receive emails whenever a new post is published.