For U.S. CMomAs who have a heart for kids, but who are not ready or able to adopt or foster, here is a beautiful way you can connect with children and contribute something tremendous and meaningful to orphans waiting for placement.
The main focus of Heart Gallery for America is finding professional photographers to photograph children waiting for adoption, but the actual list of volunteer and in-kind opportunities includes (but is not limited to):
- Help organize beauty & barbershop “hair days” prior to the photo shoots
- Website design/developers and maintainers
- Brochure, invitation and other print material designers
- Transport portraits to the different venues
- Assist in setup and tear-down of the portrait displays
- Special Events/Fundraisers
- Host the Heart Gallery portraits at your agency, church, museum, business, library, airport, City Hall, government agency or State Capital
- Help with creating Life Books-These serve as a scrap book/photo albums that allow children to retain memories of their lives with their foster parents, foster siblings, etc.
- Other activities as needed
Here is helpful info from the Heart Gallery of America website about this fantastic cause:The Heart Gallery is a traveling photographic and audio exhibit created to find forever families for children in foster care. The Heart Gallery of America is a collaborative project of over 120 Heart Galleries across the United States designed to increase the number of adoptive families for children needing homes in our community.
Professional photographers, child placing agencies, concerned citizens, business people, state agencies and others concerned about child adoption issues have stepped up to meet the need and present children waiting for adoption with dignity in artistic fine art portraits.
Beautiful Heart Gallery portraits capture the children’s individuality, their smile and spirit. These portraits are framed and displayed throughout the community in different venues. Adoption premieres, galas, and expos are organized where hundreds of families come to learn about adoption and view the children’s portraits.
Many of the Heart Gallery children have been placed with loving adoptive families and many other children have been placed due to the adoption awareness that is spread throughout the community through Heart Gallery events.