Most of us on this site have not yet had biological or adopted children, either by choice or circumstance. I am writing a book about our experience, as women of this era, regarding the influences that have impacted our decision and/or situation on this issue, where we stand today with it, and the realm possibilities that lie ahead.
We would love to know your story from it’s most authentic and heart centered place… (Please note that by sharing this information, you are giving permission for some of it to be possibly collected and utilized in the book, without your identity revealed.)
Here are some questions to ponder and integrate. Feel free to focus on one or more!
* When it comes to Children or now, what is your story in nut shell..?
* Growing up, did you want/expect kids or not?
* What influences do you think informed your decision/expectations?
* Has it effect family, friends with kids relationships?
* When you hear the word “childless” what does that mean to you?
* How does it feel today? (ie: denial, grieving, grappling…or…at peace).
* If not having a child used to be painful and now you are at peace,
what got you there?
* Who and what do you mother?
* Would you consider adoption and if so, or if not….what are reasons for or against this consideration